What are some good foods to feed my 17 month old?

My daughter is currently going through this stage where she wants to do everything by her self, and shes got to the point where she wont let me feed her. So what are some meals i can feed her through out the day? With out all the mess.

mommyofone32408

Asked by mommyofone32408 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have twins 17month olds, and they are both going through the same thing. They will not eat if I try to feed them, and want to feed theirselves. I have been feeding them grill cheese sandwiches, pastas, cut up fruits, veggies. The other day I was trying to feed them chicken noodle soup and they would not eat it so I drained the juice and just put it in their plates ( they feed their self) and they ate it up. It does get a bit messy at times, but at least there trying to be independent.
    Hope this helps.
    angiegirl0628

Answer by angiegirl0628 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter is 13 months and does really well with finger foods. She loves pasta with sauce, bread, mashed potatoes, cut-up chicken pieces, corn, cereal like Cheerios, and any kind of fruit. I also give her a spoon and a little bowl with yogurt or apple sauce and she loves trying to feed herself. She just dips the spoon in the bowl and eats away. She is definitely trying to become more independent when it comes to feeding herself! Good luck!
    autumns_mommy07

Answer by autumns_mommy07 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My Son is 14 mo. and enjoys string cheese (Icut it in 1in. pieces) chicken fingers cut up, any kind of fruit, and mac n' cheese. I still feed him his oatmeal, or apple sauce and he lets me do that but sometimes I will put the food on the spoon or baby fork and give it to him and he likes that too! he also likes little finger sammy's like PB&J or even tuna! I also do the grill cheese and he likes that too!

Good luck!

ButterflyLadi

Answer by ButterflyLadi at 7:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008