Single Mothers

What do you and yours kids do for fun? My money is limited after the bills are paid and I want to do some fun thing with them.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:55 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• if it's a nice day have a picnic in the park, wash your car, go down to the river. hope these ideas help a little
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My daughter and I used to go to the park or library. I am not single, but we have a heavy mortgage and everything I have to think of for the next so many months has to be basically free.
    What we have here is the Red Rocks and I take my dd there to walk, climb, or hike. We pack a lunch.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• the Zoo...we just had a picnic on friday ..and took pillow cases and did a potatoe sack race...it was really fun also another thing we do is go to other family or friends houses and play board games...we call it game night...and we take turns at each other houses
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We go to the zoo, or take the dog to the park. We play ball in the back yard or ride bicycles. We go the the skating rink and do fun things like that
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• if its a rainy day, we will play board games, bake cookies, i let her do my hair and makeup (yikes!!!! lol) cuddle and watch a movie..
    during the summer we go to the park, have picnics, waterpark, waterslides, go for icecream..nothing to expensive, cuz i sure dont have the money for it either..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We used to go feed the ducks at the pond, go to the library, the park, nature walks, etc.
    We also used to have wet cotton ball fights (kind of like dodge ball but with wet cotton balls). We'd also play Huckle Buckle Beanstalk (like hide and seek but instead of a person hiding, a person hides an object).
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Library, walks in the park, hanging out and reading a book.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Library, park when it's nice. We were given a children's museum membership. Free concerts, fountains. Bouncy places aren't too expensive. Play dates at houses.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We play board games. watch movies. read books, go to the library or barnes and noble (they both have free story times there). go to the park. ride bikes. work in the garden together.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Park, ice cream afterward is what I mainly do when my funds are limited. Reading, play a game, watch a good funny family movie with some popcorn. Last night I made homemade strawberry banana smoothies, popped some popcorn, and the girls and myself watched "Princess and The Frog".
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010