What should I do if I my boyfriend and I just can stop fighting?

Should I still try and make it work for our daughters sake?

MommyMexicano87

Asked by MommyMexicano87 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• How much are you fighting? Is it violent? Is there yelling? Hitting? If it's everyday or almost everyday and it's loud yelling, or even hitting, I'd say it's time to leave the relationship. If you absolutely can't bear the thought try counseling. If he won't go- leave. I can say from personal experience I'd rather live with a single mom, then parents always fighting. Your daughter will begin to think that's normal behavior for a couple, she may think it's her fault. Staying together for the kids is usually worse in the long run than just breaking it off.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 2:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Hmmm, I say if it is wrong let him go. I don't know too much about the situation. You need to tell us a little bit more.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Hop on the bus, Gus. There must be 50 ways to leave your lover.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 2:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• you have to ask yourself if you are in love with him and is he worth it. you should never stay for the kids cause ultimately they suffer more when they live with a loveless relationship.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My boyfriend and I went through a phase where we could not agree on anything, it was a constant battle. We didn't have kids at the time but we decided that we loved each other too much to let our relationship die out and we would find a way to work our issues out no matter what. It pretty much comes down to a decision between the two of you. Try taking a vacation (even just staying at a friends) for a few days and if it the absolute worst feeling to not be able to see or talk to him and he feels the same, you should keep trying to work things out (unless there is abuse...then leave, that's no environment for you or your child). Would you be ok (hurt probably, but able to live with it) if you saw him in public with another girl a few months or even years after a break up (ask him the same question). Either solve your communication problems and stay together or dont.
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Think about your child do she really need to be seeing you guys fight...If u two cant come together in peace for the sake of your daughter...than i wouldnt let your dd witness this unhealthy relationship...and i would say yes LEAVE!!!
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The way I see it is this...you really did not give enough info...however, I am guessing you already know the answer to you own question....To stay in a bad relationship for the "sake" of the child is never a good answer....can't tell you how many times this has ended badly....Fighting is not good for anyone...stay or go...you need to stop fighting....wishing you the very best....hope it all works out....
    kiwi91663

Answer by kiwi91663 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010