is this normal i feel like im tearing something!

ONLY in the morning, when i wake up in the middle of the night and move around i feel like if i move im going to rip my stomach open, so i just lay there and dont move the WHOLE night!?

its that bad..... i have to pee so bad i wont get up because i feel like im going to tear my stomach
is that normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's your ligaments stretching. It's really rare for them to actually tear but very common for them to feel like they are going to. I had it worse at night too, I had to actually move my belly with my hands if I needed to roll over or get up.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• how far along are you? Your not going to rip your stomach. And yes it's bad to hold your pee that long especially when your pregnant. Depending on where the baby is lying will make your stomach feel like it's gonna rip in two :) The joys of pregnancy
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• im 5 months. do our ligaments tighten or something during the night or at certain times???? oh and i dont hold my pee for a long long time ill make sure i go if its going to be a while but yeah.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what you are talking about! I wish I had a morphine pump sometimes because that pain is horrible.

It is that round ligament pain that you keep hearing about, however, we as preggos just need to suck it up and still go pee during the night to prevent getting a urinary tract infection or, even worse, a kidney infection.

I know last night that my pain was so horrible that I would yelp in pain at almost every movement.

And guys think that they could handle this.... I THINK NOT!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• lol the best thing I found for that pain was my husbands warm hands. It's just the ligaments tightening. i would wake him up in the middle of the night and tell him to give me his hands. So if you have a guy.... put his hands on your belly. i also found out that it soothed my little guy when he's moving around too much and it hurts my stomach. If you don't have a guy or he works at night put blankets across your stomach the heat caused from them will soothe it. It will get better :) Then you'll get the joys of feeling the baby kick your ribs and whatever else gets in the way :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008