Do you read your children bed time stories?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 4:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't now, because they're 17 and 16, but I did for years. Even now, there are books that I read out loud to my dd, and we talk about them. Not because she can't read them herself or anything - they both love books and are very good (and avid) readers, but just because we enjoy it.

(lol - I'm one of those moms that do all the voices and sort of act it out, so the bedtime stories weren't really all that sleep inducing...)

But there are times that they still will also read to me, my dh will read to me, I'll read to him, etc - like, when we go on a car trip, we'll read a book out loud - sort of like a personal book on tape... It might sound odd I guess, but it's something we've always done (again, more when they were little, but still do occasionally), and we like it, so...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My teen still sometimes asks me to read to her!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes I do read to them at bedtime and sometimes they read to me it just depends on thier mood..my 7 y/o she can read pretty good my 5 y/o cant really read that good so she makes it up as she goes but its always fun either way
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 4:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Every night and throughout the day whenever my DS wants a book read to him
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• When my son was little I did almost every night. Sometimes, if I was going out and wouldn't be home at bedtime I'd read to him before I left. Sort of like a "dry run".
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• until they were about 7-8 and then I felt it was time to stop personally and they seemed okay with it and read to themselves.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sometimes. They love it when I do. I read more to my older kids, I wish I could get back into the habit more of reading to them more regularly..
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 6:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes! Sometimes I read to them, sometimes they read to my husband or I--whomever is putting them to bed.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son...yes. My daughter...not yet.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Every night & it's always crazy fun LOL! My oldest wants a big girl book (she's 4) & our twins love the little silly books so it's a juggle of having the twins in your lap for 2 stories then reading with the oldest since she likes to read some of the words. I work nights a lot so my SO is awesome about it & the girls love story time with daddy, I do enjoy the nights I'm home to read, it's a blast
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 9:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010