my son is 8 mon is it normal for him to bite and how do u get him to stop and know that it hurts? thanks for ur help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes teething so thats probably why hes biting.My son use to bite alot and saying no wasnt helping.So i bit him back,not hard just hard enough to let him know dont do it again.It worked and he never bit again.But thas just my way of doing it lol
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 7:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its normal, he is just discovering his teeth. Try giving him teething rings each time he bites, so he knows to bite them instead. You can use a firm "NO!" when he does it as well.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes, it is normal... It's a phase. Just make sure you are loud when you say "No"...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My son still bites & he's almost 10 months old. I've had plenty of bruises from him biting me & have even bled before. When he bites I usually yell OW! really loud so that it surprises him enough to make him stop & then tell him No very sternly. My son is evil about it, he'll put your finger in his mouth then smile & chomp down as hard as he can when you tell him not to bite.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 7:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my son is doing that too! he is 81/2 months...and he has 6 teeth already! when i yell or whoever he bites yells he jumps and stops but if i yell no he flashes a real toothy grin -- little stinker! so i am just letting you know that your not alone! ill try giving him a little nip back like jayzwife said! ill try anything b/c just today he bit my god daughter (6yrold) on her chest...she thought he wanted her to pick him up, was she surprised...so ive been giving warnings to everyone.
    mom2bboy

Answer by mom2bboy at 8:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my son is 10 months old and he bites all the time. whether it be me or his dad or his aunt or cousin it doesn't matter i just simply tell him no sternly and loud and say LOVE them and give them a kiss and he opens up his mouth really wide and gives them a kiss and i say remember no bite. he is still biting but i can tell he is learning b/c when we say no to other things he is learning to stop doing whatever he is doing and go do something else. he is getting there . my advice is just be consistent it is normal for him to bite but you have to remember to say NO sternly and given time he will learn to stop doing it.
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• There is not much you can do. Despite what everyone else is telling you he is too young to know what 'No' means.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2008