how can i get sleep

how can i get more sleep i tryed the sleeping thing on my left side and i have tryed eatting b4 and everything i could do.

heidicummins03

Asked by heidicummins03 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sometimes insomnia is part of the deal. I know I had it.

Ask your doctor for something safe you can take to get sleep. Depending on how far along you are there are a lot of options. Before 32 weeks you can take simply sleep... after that you should ask your Doc. My doc gave me some kind of antihistemine that really helped.

Consider it God's way of preparing you for the lack of sleep after baby is born...lol. Good luck!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 5:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My doctor told me to take Tylenol PM it worked ok.... but my brain was still active, it helped relax my body though! if I hadn't been so stressed out it probably would have worked better
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I never found a solution. I have big plans for, in 15 years when my baby is 18 and hopefully at college, to finally get some sleep. Good luck.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i try pillows but even then i cant sleep good either .. never thought about tylnol pm tho i may have to try that one lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i have a hard time laying on my left side too. when you eat the baby should get more active. (that's what my doctor told me) i sleep with a body pillow. that has worked best for me. place the one end inbetween your legs and the other under you head. if you want babys-r-us has a pillow that is curved for your body. it's very nice if you have the money for it, but a body pillow works just fine. you can also light a lavander candle or a lavander spray. the lavander helps make your active mind relaxe for the night. i hope this helps you need all the sleep you can get!!!! good luck!!!
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 6:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008