What can you do if the candidate you are supporting doesn't win?

There is a lot of heated debate about the Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin but realistically, besides voting for the candidate you would like to see as president, what can really be done if the opposer wins? Nothing. You can pack up and leave the US if you think it would be better but reality is, not everyone will be a winner here. You can't protest the president, it won't do a doggone bit of good, perhaps get you locked up. I just wondered if anyone thought about life after the election and it isn't who you thought it would be?

Whoistheboss

Asked by Whoistheboss at 4:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm gonna pray, yep pray a lot. Probably start going to church a lot more too, as only God can help us if Obama gets elected.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• LOL I'm gonna pray a lot too! But besides that, you make a good point. Some will win and some will lose and ultimately there isn't anything we can do about it once it's over. Except pray LOL
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Some people will just have to sit at home and nurse their wounds.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• There is nothing you can do but deal with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would hate to see my candidate of choice lose, but hey life goes on.

mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 6:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If my candidate doesnt win, at least I get the satisfaction of watching the one who does leave everyone shaking their heads wondering where all the change went?
    Anonymous

• I'll do what us Americans normally do. Complain, complain, complain and hope we learn in the next election.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If Obama doesn't win I will seriously be concerned, esp cuz of Sarah Palin. She seems nice enough but not qualified under "normal" circumstances and times are very complicated right now.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I will continue to fight for my beliefs. Not on the large scale as the election but I will attend rallies, continue to sign petitions, continue to write letters to senators and continue to let my voice be heard. Regardless of who becomes President we still have an obligation to our children to make this a country worth living in and fighting for.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• McCain 3 pt. lead in November. No worries.
    Anonymous