My daughter will be 3 in January and is completely "potty" trained, but holds her bowel movements until she is constipated. We go to the toilet 5, 10, 15 times a day, every couple of days, with her saying that her tummy hurts and that she has to poo... but to no avail!
1. We've tried giving her something to put her feet on for leverage.
2. We've tried Karo Syrup and other more natural laxatives. Even OTC laxatives. We just got the opposite problem.
3. We've talked about how the poo goes away and it doesn't seem to bother her or scare her that it's being flushed.
4. I've let her watch me go (TMI?) and she's seen her cousin do it successfully.
5. We've practiced with dolls and talked about what to do.
I just don't know how else to help her. We're at the point now where she holds it until her stomach hurts and then she'll have an accident or go in her diaper at nighttime. Help, please!
Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008
Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008
Answer by mmw1053 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008
Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008
Answer by mmw1053 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008
Most Liked Posts