Who is your role model? Would you pick this person to be a role model for your child?

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 9:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• tuffie. I dunno. People have all these dark secrets or dissappoint so much lately, I'm not sure.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• oops, maybe a fictional character like Superman. Those don't disappoint and represent honor and good.
    Zoeyis

• My mom is my role model and I'd absolutely pick her to be a role model for my child. She's a great mom and has been my whole life. She's a great Christian woman and she tirelessly took care of my dad the last 3 years of his life as he was slowly fading away due to kidney failure. She was his care taker, nurse, wife, love of his life- everything for him. What more could you ask out of a role model?
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• For right now, its my mom. I am going through the same thing she went through, raising 3 kids under 3. It keeps me sane most the time. My role model changes with my situation though!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Mom, she has always been a wonderful mother and person. She never graduated high school, but always provided for us. She even ran her own bussiness before she retired. She is a wonderful Grandma too. She had to overcome a lot of obsticles, but she has made it!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My parents were both good role models

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My grandmother is my role model. Raised 6 children with little to no personal time (that came after they were grown and out of the house), raised them to believe in God, the Bible, and the importance of family first. I'd love to have her as a role model for my own children.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Dad is my role model. He has been through a lot in life but he always picks himself back up and makes his way back to the top. He taught me that your word is your bond and if you don't have your word then you have nothing left in life. That has always made a huge impact on me. He taught me about saving money and getting the most for my money. He taught me that I would appreciate things more if I had to earn them and though at the time I didn't think it was fair, as an adult I am so glad that he taught me that lesson.

I would love for him to be a role model for my Children. I try to teach them the same things that my Dad taught me.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• mine is my mother.of it was not for her i would go nuts lol i love her so much
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My role models are Jesus Christ and all the Saints. I would most definitely choose these to be role models for my children and I encourage them to do so. You are all very lucky to have parents who were good role models, unfortunately I would not want my parents to be role models for my children.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010