Where do I stand? What should I do?

Let me start by saying this isn't a pro-life, pro-choice debate. Leave those out. My husbands best friend got his GF pregnant. They want to have an abortion.

As a victim of rape who concieved my oldest child that way, I can't let this slide. I feel like I'm sitting here doing nothing while they so easily take the life of a child who did nothing wrong. I've been on the hardest side of this choice- and it's not the right one. Especially not for a couple that is engaged and planning to have kids anyways.

So do I have room to tell them my experiences or to beg them otherwise? Wouldn't it be wrong of me to not say ANYTHING? What can I do? My heart is breaking for this baby! They haven't asked my advice- so my usualy response is to say nothing unless asked. But here... I just don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Go with your gut girl. If you feel so strongly about this then I would consider talking to them, it may just be what they need to save the baby's life.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 5:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• where do you stand??

No where, i sorry but you dont have a say in that, its THEIR decision.
    Anonymous

• i would talk to them and tell them your story. Abortion kills a woman emotionally also. She should definitely read stories from women who have had abortions and everything they had to go through emotionally. i say talk to them though
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Unfortunately, you could pour your heart out to them, but ultimately it's their decision... Could it bother your friendship, you bet.. But that is your decision.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• no you dont have the right its not you or your body im not for them but still not your say so
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with anonymous. Its her body, who are you to tell someone what to do with there body?!
    Its her decision and the guy who got her pregnant, it doesn't affect you, it would probably affect her but thats her problem not yours. If she doesn't want to have a baby then she doesn't have too, you cant make someone have a baby for how you feel.

mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i would talk to them and tell them what happened to you and that killing there baby would leave them emotionaly messed up and will regret it for the rest of there lives!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You could tell them how you feel and give your experience but it ulimately comes down to what they think is best for them. It's a decision that may or may not haunt them for the rest of their lives. Unfortunatly there isn't anything you can do in the end.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You dont want to lie to them! Having an abortion does not leave you emotionally messed up!
    Alot of people i know has had them and thats a lie!
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 5:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My best friend had one and I didn't say anything. She was messed up... for sure. That's why they have couselors for post abortion patients.

If someone was committing suicide and you knew about it, wouldn't you do something to stop it? Sure it's their choice, but don't you think SOMOENE should say SOMETHING?

The excuse that it's THEIR problem, THEIR decision, THEIR choice doesn't fly with me. It's that way with suicide, and about a million other bad choices we make. I can think of a million times when I wish someone would have talked some sense into me when I made a stupid choice!!
    Anonymous