how can i be nice and firm with them??

My mother and other family members seem to really not care that im pregnant. They will tell me oh will you carry that chair or box or something heavy over there. OR will you get up and get me that thing over there..or make my squeeze my huge ass and belly into the backseat of a little bitty eclipse. [im 5'9 and pregnant too! i dont fit in there.] or if they drop something and their hands are full they always expect me to bend my ass over and pick this crap up for them. They dont realize im tired alot lately and if i want to sleep an extra hour i will. They also never feel my belly, or ask how i am feeling, or any normal thing that people ask. i feel like its not even important to them that im pregnant... :( what do i do about them trying to boss me around with do this do that.... its SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• do what i did..... "I'M PREGNANT AND CAN'T DO THAT!!!!" for one if you yell, it's pregnancy hormones.... and for two... it gets the point across. It worked for me :) and I'm 8 1/'2 months pregnant
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• tell them NO!! if they want you to pick up something tell them to get it themselves and there hands arent broke and your prego and to leave you alone! that your not there maid! just be firm and tell them you mean buisness!good luck
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Is this how they treated you before you were pregnant?
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would honestly tell them flat out what you are thinking because dancing around the point never helps. If they say, can you carry that then say "No I can't, I'm pregnant!" or to squeeze into a car just tell them that it's ridiculous and you'll take your own car or something like that. They have to get the hint. You can be flat out and still be nice... but this can't go on forever, you might get hurt!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• When the opportunity presented itself, I would express my feelings. "It hurts my feelings that you seem to be ignoring my pregnancy." Or if they are trying to squeeze me into a space that I don't fit saying, " I don't think (baby's name here) and I will fit back there." Try sharing pregnancy facts with them each week. The little facts about you and your body each week and the facts about what is new with the baby each week. These little things might help them more interested. As far as them getting you to do things you don't think you should be doing, try to be firm. "My doctor told me I shouldn't be lifting that because it could hurt the baby." "I would love to help, but it really is not good during the pregnancy." Hopefully they catch on. Good luck and congrats! I am happy about your pregnancy!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i know how you feel im 5 ft 9 i would idk id yell at them and be like seriously pregnant here and tell them to do it them selves or get there big butts up and do it themselves lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my mil is the same way she used to yell at me and well she still does saying that my SO is better then me and that he is stupid for being with me and that their whole family hates me. I was 8 months pregnant had to chase around my 16m old son and she would bitch if my hous was a little messy. she still nags about everything she even tried to get my kids taken away from me. i did what i dont recamend but if you have to i cut her out of my life she can see the kids but not around meand she is not allowed to my house.
    Anonymous

• It's what you DON'T do! You are the one bending, fitting into, picking up and getting. They can ask all they want. You don't have to do for them any more. If you want to be civil, just say, "I am sorry, I don't feel up to that now that I am pregnant" I would just say, "I don't feel up to it" so you don't set yourself up for after delivery. You don't owe them any explanations. Don't expect them to enjoy your pregnancy if they haven't already. It's a waste of your time.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008