Any Ideas For Introducing The Potty?

My son is 19 months old. He shows 95% of the signs that he's ready to be potty trained. So, does anyone have any ideas for introducing a potty to my son? I will be getting a small potty for him very soon!

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Getting a potty chair would be #1. I have a daughter, so it may be different, but I let her watch me go potty and that was more help than anything. We've never had a closed door type of household, so she's been watching me since she can remember.

It was VERY slow going at first, so if he doesn't catch on as quickly as you'd like, don't get discouraged. It'll happen eventually.
    mmw1053

Answer by mmw1053 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Just have him sit on the potty seat for alittle while even if he does not want to go yet he will get the idea. For now he would have to go like the way a girl does until he can stand and know how to pee the way a boy does. Don't worry he will get it he sounds very advanced. When he does start to pee while standing throw in a little bit of fruit loops and tell him if he can aim at them.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008