Are these peopel LYING?

WASHINGTON — Pastors who've prayed with President Barack Obama defended his Christian faith Thursday as the White House downplayed new polling that showed a steep climb since he took office in the percentage of Americans who think he's Muslim or at least don't believe that he's Christian.

"He is a Christian by choice, a devout Christian," said Pastor Kirbyjon Caldwell of Windsor Village United Methodist Church in Houston . Caldwell is among a group of Christian leaders whom Obama regularly calls for inspiration. Caldwell also officiated at the wedding of President George W. Bush's daughter Jenna.

Pastor Joel Hunter of Northland Church near Orlando, Fla. , said of Obama, "Those of us who've spent time with him and have had a part of forming his spiritual life can testify with certainty of his commitment to Christ."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20100819/pl_mcclatchy/3601787_1

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Well I certainly don't think they're lying, just as I don't think he has any reason to lie about his faith. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I understand your point, what I don't understand is why people think it matters what faith he follows? It is not supposed to figure into a person's eligibility to hold public office, yet more and more lately, it is the big litmus test. It's very, very disturbing to me.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No they are not lying. President Obama is not a Muslim. The newsmedia and crazies out there live to sensationalize and over dramatize everything in this day and age. They do it because this country is full of misinformed people who actually listen to their crap.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have had an FBI file since college (something about getting throw out of a tour of a nuclear electric plant  under construction). If anyone knows how I can get a copy, please contact me!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Why does it matter?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No they are not.

Answer by older at 10:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• For all the people who think the President is a "secret" Muslim...

I want to know if THESE people are lying? WHY would they?

People keep saying HE is lying, WHY would everyone else lie for him>? Its just RIDICULOUS

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm waiting for one of these questions to result in someone getting a visit by the Secret Service one of these days. ;) Careful, Ladies. Careful. Just sayin.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Why? I dont think he's a secret anything?

I want to know from the people that DO think he's lying

Why would other RELIGIOUS people lie FOR HIM?

It makes no sense 

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Why does it matter?

to me, it doesn not....apparently to MANY it does...

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010