NEED ADVICE...... adult content

Okay, so I started my period on 8-20 its been super heavy, large clots and all. I just had a blood test a few days ago to determine that I wasn't pregnant, because I've had a bad history with home test being false negatives and what not. My period was suppose to start on the 14th so I was a little late. Just wondering what could be the cause of the huge change in my period, since I have never had it this heavy before in my life. I usually just had very light periods almost like nothing was even going on. Then all of a sudden its going like crazy, Im almost to the point where I am changing tampons every 45 min. Which isn't good.

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've heard if you're changing tampons more then once an hour, you need to call the doctor.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:59 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes you could have developed a condition like endometriosis or you may have a blood clot lodged causing heavy bleeding I'd see your dr asap
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes I would call the doc too... but I wouldn't worry too much if you think it's a possible (very) early miscarriage. Have you been under extra stress lately? I didn't know that about the tampons, truthfully. I've always been a heavy bleeder so I prefer thin pads to changing a tampon constantly. (Not like it held it for me, anyway!)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I had to get a d&c to stop heavy bleeding, and large clots, I had a IUD in place for 5 years and once it was removed my periods were very heavy and very uncomfortable with changing pads every 45 minutes or so on the bad days, so after the d&c my periods are much lighter with no clots, dr did find polyps which may have been the cause of clotting.
    DKK2010

Answer by DKK2010 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010