should i be upset?

I was travelng with hubby and kids. He got stressed one day and was just being grouchy and rude as hell. I was trying to ignore it and support him. We get to a museum and he is buying tickets. I asked him if he asked about discounts and he yelled at me "of course I did" in such a rude tone. I was so embarrassed as my kids and all the people in the museum heard him. It hurt. So after we walked I told him to apologize he says "no". I am way upset so I ask for the keys to the car to go sit and calm down and he refuses and walks away. I was fuming but I just went about the day obviously upset. 2 days later he is mad at me for being upset with him on the trip. Says I am wrong. I was short with him. I am so upset. He doesn't support me and thinks its okay to be rude. He seems to ruin trips with his attitude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• These are the reasons I dislike traveling with my husband. We seem to both be at our worst. He's an absolute ass in the car, driving like a maniac and bringing me to tears. But since you are on vacation you feel like you don't want to ruin it so you put on a happy face when really you are truly ticked off. I guess tensions are high for men when they travel????? That's all I can figure. Perhaps after a few days you can discuss his behavior with him again and he'll see why he hurt you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• He was a jerk, you wanted to sit in the car and pout (or just get away) and he refused. Yes, you have a right to be upset -and so does he. More of the fault is his, but neither of you handled it very well.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 6:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband gets like this at times, and I have learned that playing his game and getting snappy back with him only makes it worse. So I just ignore it and act like it doesn't bother me and go on my cheery way during the day for our kid's sake. Then at night when they go to bed I pretend he doesn't exist..in a very sweet way =) lol Some might say that is playing mind games...but it works for me! Usually within an hour or two I get an apology. But all men are different and I have yet to completely figure them out!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would be upset, there is no place for rudeness for no reason.

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i agree with ya, but one question, why don't you both have a set of car keys? Emergencies if for no other reason
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't blame you for being upset, he was rude and disrespectful.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You have a right to be upset. The first part of snapping loudly is one thing, but to refuse to apologize when you tell him you are upset is downright just being an ass. My hubby gets stressed and snaps sometimes, but when I point it out, he apologizes instantly.
    I would tell him that he can be as mad as you as he wants, but since he refuses to apologize, you see no reason to either. Then let go of the mad attitude.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'd be upset too for being treated like that.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i would have been upset to he shouldnt have yelled at you like that at all .well i hope you guys get to sit down and talk about this .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010