How do you deal with the SO that doesn't totally support your business?

My SO keeps saying that my businesses are basically a waste of time. He says he hasn't seen them pay a bill yet. But he clueless to how often we go to rent movies a month or how often we eat out.

cakestylist

Asked by cakestylist at 10:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• without knowing a bit more and his side of things, its hard to say much about it (for me)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Give him a copy of your business's financial statement for the first six months of this year. Circle your gross and net income numbers for him.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• hmm .. my dh is supportive, so i d/k and dont have any experience , i hope he understands u soon and 'grows up' a bit and actually realises what ur business offers .. good luck momma!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The males as a >>species<<< like to be keeping score.......it's all it's about. How much they paid, how much they owe, who is the one this week,month, year who owes them most on their list.
    Probably nothing personal, you're just IT right now on his LIST OF SCORES! !! ha!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband supports and help me with my business. If you feel like you need to prove yourself to him....keep track of hom much you bring in and what it gets spent on, then show him.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband was not supportive at first about my business either, until he met members of my team, and saw how much I love this business, and how much effort I put into it!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sorry your husband ins't very supportive. Mine is part owner of our business and I couldn't imagine doing it without his support. It takes a good year or two for a new business to become profitable. Maybe he was under the impression that you would be making a ton of money right away.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Has he actually read your business plan?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would keep a copy of where all my money is spent. When that conversation came up again, I would show him. Wouldn't hurt to keep a copy of where his money went also so there would be no argument there.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my husband didnt like me spending all my time to do businesses and not get a paycheck but the minute i started getting paychecks he got excited and told everyone he knew that i worked form home and actually got checks! i also make baby items and he didnt have a huge respect at first but after watching me work he did..so i really dont know what to tell ya.. just show him that it is profitable! good luck
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010