How can a Dad of 4-boys take it day-by-day after mom, 38, died of leukemia.....?

butterfly04

Asked by butterfly04 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• bless there hearts! just alot of love from family and alot of preyer!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• By the Grace of God. He alone can heal and restore them. We need to just trust Him.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• That sounds like my boyfriends (or -ex, now) situation growing up. He was the youngest of 3 boys, and his mom died of leukemia when he was young. His dad remarried several times. I think that that set an extremely poor example for him and his brothers. He has a very difficult time with his interpersonal relationships.
    I'll agree with the prayer.
    Solid relationships that matter would be important. Make sure that these boys know what healthy relationships look like whether their dad be involved with another woman or not.

Anonymous

• Oh my. That would be devastating for them as a family. I think only by strong faith can a family survive such a loss. I know several families in our church have lost spouses young and with families.
    Anonymous

• Develop a support system. Perhaps enlist other's help for awhile, perhaps those in the family or church. Also realize that time heals, but lean on God in hard times.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The same way that a woman who loses her husband does.........support, family, his faith, and with some hope for the future. I don't know how, exactly--but he does not have much of a choice in my opinion. His wife would want the kids loved by their father, and he just has to go on no matter how hard.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm so sorry for your loss. You just have to take it a day at a time, what else can you do? Join a group for support. Perhaps a counselor for Dad and the kids. Don't expect perfection right away. My uncle lost his wife to brain cancer, leaving him with his three kids. There were days he never thought he would recover. Just give yourself time, the boys time and you will make it work your own way.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If he takes it at all, God bless him! The most awful conditions in life sometimes require it. What is your point?
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008