bad ultrasound experience

i went into my 1st ultrasound today. It was just a supposed to be to verify due date. They scanned me for 45 minutes. first did an abdominal said they needed a better picture so switched to vaginal probe. the nurse acted like she just couldnt figure something out. about half way through they had my stomach in knots with worry. She just had a bad look on her face so i asked what the problem was. She said she wasnt sure if she seen the yolk sac or if it was another baby. She never really gave my a clear clear answer, and none of the picture outline the baby like i would think they should. Has anyone ever had this happen. the dr is supposed to be calling

ambernicole531

Asked by ambernicole531 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why did the nurse do your ultrasound???
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• That is terrible that you had a bad ultrasound experience. When you talk to the doctor let him/her know about what happened. I know it will not change your experience, but it might prevent it from happening to another woman. Maybe they will schedule another one if they were not able to get what they needed out of it. I am sorry that happened. My first ultrasound was not until 26, so I did not have this sort of problem. Hopefully they straighten things out for you and let you know what you need to know. Congrats on the baby!!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know it can be frustrating with techs doing ultrasounds because they are not the ones who read them, they can not legally interpret what they see to you. I know of several ppl who have had the worst experience with the tech acting like something is wrong, only to find out its another baby. So hopefully its not serious. It could be just concerns like placenta previa which most times the placenta migrates, or maybe even twins.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• that is just how they do it. then the doctor reads it later
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• wow i wouldnt let a nure do mine lol but i know they had a hard time seeing mine early idk i hope all is well
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• would they have seen 2 heartbeats or can that be missed this early. Im 9 weeks according to my lmp, but the baby looks to only be 7w and 5d
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i wouldnt let a nurse do mine either. i would say i want my doctor to do it, he needs to be there through everything isnt that why you have him???

and yeah maybe they did miss the heartbeats 9 weeks is still early
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yeah it depends on the practice whether the OBGYN or a ultrasound tech does it. I am sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience! Good luck to you, I am sure everything is okay :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well did he call you yet???

I hope all goes well for you and the babie(s). Let us know keep us informed.

I would definately let some one know at the office of your unfortunate experience. Good Luck!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It sounds like your early on, they would never see a heartbeat this early...but Know you are in control, you tell your dr. how you felt and they should fix the situation, if they dont, that is no.t the right dr. for you. Please let us know how this turns out.
    firztimemom

Answer by firztimemom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008