No internet access on my laptop

Ok, so I know next to nothing about computers... A few months ago, my laptop all the sudden wouldn't let me connect to the internet ~ said I was connected but had no internet access. Someone looked at it and it ended up being something to do with the firewall settings. Now, all of the sudden, it is doing it again, but I didn't change anything. As of yesterday, it said I was connected but had no internet access. Now today it says I am connected and have internet access but I still am not able to bring any web page up. Can anyone help me??? I think I seriously need to look into a computer class for dummies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Double check your firewall settings. Sometimes things don't work properly or something gets changed when you, say, install an update. Do you have Windows? Another way to make your browser more efficient is to go into your Tools menu and click Internet Options. On that screen, click "delete browsing history on exit" and then go delete all the cookies, temporary internet files, ect, that are already there. They slow down the performance of the computer by bogging it down with yunk and sometimes viruses hang out there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think you seriously need to do some cleanup and some antivirus/malware scanning. If you are using Windows Internet Explorer... get rid of that crap. I say this because Windows Updates for IE are notorious for screwing up settings and access. Without knowing the type of machine you have and your operating system, I can only guess.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• What she said ↑↑↑ Also check this out, you can get real time computer answers. http://www.4computerheaven.com/livechat

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010