My son wheezes so bad after he eats. Is there anything I can do to help him breathe better? I clear his nose, but that doesn't seem to help.

Mama_Vines

Asked by Mama_Vines at 10:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you sittinhim up when he eats .how old is he ???if he still drinks outta a bottle the hole in the bottle might be to big meaning the milk might be coming out to fast .have you mentioned this to his pedi it may be some type of reflux even tho nothing is coming up .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have an rx for Zantac that I give to him for reflux, and I've tried a slow flow nipple and he doesn't seem to be able to get anything out of it. He's 3 weeks old, and I can't nurse him, but he gets breast milk. We have been using a fast flow nipple, but it does seem like he gets choked up on it. I don't have a medium flow nipple, but the next time I go to the store I'm going to try and find one. The doctor said the wheezing was normal, but it just seems like it's so much and more severe than he thinks it is.
    Mama_Vines

Comment by Mama_Vines (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Is it possible that he's having an allergic reaction to something you're feeding him? You might want to feed him one thing at a time and see if one or more specific items are causing the problem.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 12:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• He's only 3 weeks old. The only thing he gets is milk...I suppose it could be something I'm eating, but I can't think of anything that it would be. He was fine with my breast milk for the first week and a half then he just started spitting everything up.
    Mama_Vines

Comment by Mama_Vines (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010