Trick or treating with infants?

My daughter will be three months old on the 18th and she's my only child. What do you think about taking her trick-or-treating? She's so young but she loves to go outside and see people (and I'll admit...I love chocolate). Is it stupid to take her out this year?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 8 month old dd and me are going to a fesitival in our city instead. I know she gets a little bag of candy and she gets to see everyone in her costume. I just think that I would get tired taking her everywhere. On Halloween night though I'm just going to take her to friends and families that are going to be home so they can see her.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 5:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No, it is not stupid. You will get a chance to dress her up in a cute little outfit and show her off. I think you will enjoy it. It is her first Halloween. If she doesn't mind being out and seeing people, I do not see anything wrong with it. It's not like you are feeding her the candy! Enjoy it. :-)
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No it's not stupid and cute babies get extra candy. I have taken my kids out trick or treating since they were born.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ill be taking my.. wil be 8 month old.. Oh my gosh.. shes gonna be 8 months.. Sorry just had a realization*sp.. anyway, were going.. and i tell everyone she gets the candy, its just recycled.. oh the benefits of nursing :)
    Anonymous

• I don't take my kids trick or treating till their 2. It gets cold here. I also don't let them have candy so young either.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes and no. Do you care what others think? If no then go and enjoy. If yes, I can say if an infant of 3 months came to the door I would say ahh how cute have a great Halloween but no candy would be given. What do you think of adults trick or treating? Of course if you are just going to friends and family it would be a much appreciated visit. Do what you feel is appropriate but adults trick or treating fall under not appropriate to most people.

Anonymous

• I have always taken mine with us because they have older siblings. We just think it's fun to get the babies dressed up cute! If the baby is offered candy we refuse it, and usually it's offered to one of the older ones anyway.

But if the baby was my old DC, I wouldn't see the point..
    AndreaLNorris

Answer by AndreaLNorris at 7:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Do it!!! Especially this will be her first halloween. and make sure you video tape it ,it will be so fun.
    Not to mention they have so many cute costumes for them at that age. Enjoy this moment they grow up so quick.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• haha I'm going back and forth with the same thing! My baby will be just about 3 months on Halloween and I do plan on dressing him up. I want to take him trick-or-treating to show him off, but also because I miss trick-or-treating...well, mostly the candy lol. I figured I'd do it, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that people would probably guess that the candy is for me since I obviously wouldn't feed it to a 3 month old and I might feel stupid after a while. I think if I can get my friend who's baby will be 11 months old to go with me, I might do it :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it's just as fun as when they're older...i did it, my boy was born in december so he was 10 months his first halloween, i dressed him, i dressed up and we walked the neighborhood with my b rother and niece and nephews and had a blast! and you benefit....you get all the candy LMAO!!!!no one cares when you come to the door. they figure the same thing cuz they've done it before and i've never been asked qwuestions about why my baby is out. i had a blast!!!! cant wait to do it this year he's gonna be spiderman!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008