How many of you would care?

About the ethnic background of your grandchildren? would you love a grandchild any less if he came from a mix background? Would it make any difference to you?
I personally would love my grandchild because it would be flesh from my flesh, and color or race would not matter, how about you?

Asked by older at 10:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I completely agree. I don't understand people who don't understand mixed relationships. (namely, my entire in-law family). I did not marry interracially, but if the "one" for me happened to be a different race, that doesn't make him any less the "one" for me. Why can't people look past skin color and realize we're all the same?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no i seen this saying when i was lil and it stuck with me .
    the hand of friendship has no color .
    i think no matter what the case is color and race does not matter we are all the same
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would love them no matter what nothing would ever not make me love them
    Momofcrazy3

Answer by Momofcrazy3 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• well wouldn't it kinda clue you in (what the kids might look like) when your met your SIL/DIL?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:49 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't care at all. :)
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yep, would love them no matter what.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do not see color or race I see people and that is all. WE ARE ALL THE SAME. I mean if you are dying in the hospital cause you need a heart you are not (hopefully) going to care where it comes from if you get one. You gonna say hey doc' is this heart from someone not white???? So I guess to answer you H-E double hockey stick no!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Having mixed children, there's no possibility that my grandchildren won't be mixed in some way. I'm fine with whoever my sons fall in love with regardless of color or gender.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I couldn't imagine me ever caring what someone's background is, but when it comes to my kids and grandkids, I would care even less.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would love them no matter what. God says that he created us all equal, some people just tend to forget that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010