Have you ever thought to be polite.....

when you are giving an answer? Just a question to dwell on.... there are people on here who really need the support of an experienced mother. Or perhaps they just have a simple honest question that they need you to answer cause they just don't know. I mean if you can not say anything nice don't say anything at all. Isn't that what you are teaching your children? Ever hear the saying Practice What You Preach? I mean Christ I have had some rude answers to my questions..... I am not DUMB or YOUNG and IMMATURE I just cant think sometimes. I have had seizures in the past and sometimes the most logical explanation wont come to me till it is pointed out. I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack but I am a damn good mother!

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• totally agree. I know some people come on here and get nasty cuz they can and know nothing can happen to them. I'm sure in real life they don't get all snarky and in your face when deal with people right in front of them. People have a sense of safety and false bravado in here and it really come out. Just try to blow it off remembering these are total strangers, its text on a screen, they dunno you from anything and have no role in your real life. There is nothing here on the internet worth taking so seriously it ruins your day :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• BITE ME HOW ABOUT THAT I HAVE MANY SELF ESTEEM ISSUES AND I ALREADY SEE A THERAPIST SO GO ON AN JUST LICK MY BABY'S DIRTY DIAPER. AT LEAST YOU HAVE ENOUGH BALLS TO ANSWER NON ANONYMOUS ILL GIVE YOU THAT

OK- so much for not being immature huh? Maybe its the way you present yourself that causes the issue
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• thank god someone said it .i agree with you all the way
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree with you 100%.. but some people just have no tact. Learn to ignore it and move on
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• you rockThank you!!!!!

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree, :) Thank you.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I am usually polite, unless it is a truly dumb question then I might be a bit sarcastic.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 12:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Seriously though,I've looked at your recent questions and haven't seen anyone being rude to you,or are you upset by other people getting rude comments? Maybe just worry about your own account. We all can handle our own issues on here.
    Getting rude with a senior member isn't really showing much comraderie.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'll be honest if the question is accusatory, insulting or "assuming," I'll defend my position...such as "All parents of autistic children are lazy!" (yeah that statement and ones like it pop up from time to time), and so, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will correct that person's statement, because it is a personal issue for me! And I could care less how the poster feels about it! :o)

On the other hand, if the person asking the question puts some thought into it, and comes across as genuine, then I will give a thoughtful answer. Of course, some posters only want to hear that their horrible parenting ideas are great, and refuse to listen to the GOOD advice they receive. I say if you are looking for advice then you need to at least consider ALL of the advice you're given! :o)

However, considering this IS the Parenting DEBATE forum, it's not always going to be rainbows and butterflies in here!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

***
    Okay, now THAT kind of unwarranted response is going to result in your not getting the support you want when you need it!! People will remember your screen name, and your reputation for over-reacting to a comment that certainly didn't deserve it, and it's going to follow you around CM, and that's not a good thing!

Now, you may have some issues. We ALL do!! But your issues are not my issues, and when you bite your nose off to spite your face, you only do a disservice to yourself! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2010