Can/should church pantry turn down people from receiving food if they are gay or even atheist?

A gay adoption fiasco spin off question.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 11:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND THAT IS A H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK NO TOO!
    YES I SAID IT TO A JESUS QUESTION BUT THAT TO ME IS LIKE RACISM AND I DON'T TOLERATE IT WHAT SO EVER!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Again, if a church or religious organization is going to run a public service and service the general public in doing so, they have no right to then enforce their beliefs on those people who come in for services. It's one way or another - either they are out to help themselves, their people, their believers - or they are out for the greater good and in doing so have to be willing to give equal service and care to everyone that comes to them, regardless of that person's beliefs or lifestyle.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Kindness should not depend on such things a human suffering is a human suffering.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If you are a christian... the Bible says to love one another and do unto others as you would do unto thyself. Would you like it if you were out of food and you went to get some and they were like oh sorry you are White, Mexican, Black etc. no can do.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No because Jesus would feed the hungry no matter who they were because Jesus is cool like that.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Those questions are not asked.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I spose technically its their food to do what they want with, but since there's no way to know what someone believes in and those groups knew that was happening and they needed the food, wouldn't they just lie about it? I would. I'd use their own small mindedness against them ;)

If it means I get to feed my family, I'll throw hail Marys and praise the Lord if thats what they wanna see, doesn't mean I have to mean it. LOL
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, if you have a food bank to help the hungry, it should be for all hungry people.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well ... that wouldn't be very Christ-like ... but it doesn't compare to the gay adoption question. Not by a long shot.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Absolutely not... He said to feed the poor, the hungry, help the orphans and widows
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010