Would you forgive you SO if they only cheated once?

I just answered question about all the time cheating & I was reading the answers, so this what made me ask the question. No my Hubby hasn't cheated on me, I was just wondering what other women would say if they were in that place. & the SO only cheated once.

I think I could forgive, depending on what was going on in our lives at that time.... Depending on a lot. like why, who, ect ect ect. But Id only forgive that once.... Maybe. Im not really sure becuase I haven't been in that spot with My hubby.

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 11:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends. If he cheated with a terminally ill 40-year-old virgin on an airplane, that'd be cool by me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Here's the thing. I believe in an open relationship - my DH does not. Because of this we do not have extra marital activities. However, if he was willing to take that next step and open our marriage, I wouldn't take issue if he had 1 or 10 extramarital encounters. IF he was open and honest with me about it... In which case there is nothing to forgive.

Now, if he went behind my back, lied to me about it, tried to hide it - this I could not and would not forgive - not if it happened even once. There is nothing more important to me than honesty in a relationship. If I can't trust you once, I can't trust you ever!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope... I was on my own when we met, I can go back to that if something happened.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• SO, as in boyfriend, not on your life. SO as in husband, it would depend.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I did it for six years, you do it once you will do it again or they think they can get away with it again. Not just that you will never see them the same. Living in fear that there is a chance they are not faithful..... its h-e-double hockey stick. All I can suggest to you is that you use your own judgment. Can you live with this the rest of your life? I thought that I could and it ended so badly..... This is on you mama to make the choice.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I honestly don't know. I can't imagine my life without my DH, but I don't know that I would be able to get past the betrayal. I know couples that have worked through this, it was a hard thing to do for everyone involved.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, I would instantly leave. There's no way that I would stay with him, it's not worth the lifetime of wondering if he'll do it again and the depression from it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would forgive him, but i would leave him. He is the ONE PERSON who holds the key to my heart & i trust him %100. He should be the last person on earth to decieve me. So, if he did, i would leave. He would not be the man i thought he was.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I do not know what I would do. It's easy to say what you would and would not do when you are not actually in that situation.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I dunno. I have a lot to lose by simply leaving my marriage at this point. I've been out of the work force a loooong time and I'm not getting any younger as far as finding a job at this point. From a financial POV I may have to deal with it for awhile. But I wouldn't be happy about it, no.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010