Cat hair everywhere!!!!

I only have one med.size, short-med. haired cat. I love her but, I have to vacuum up to three times a day to keep up with all the cat hair, and I brush her every other day. I have a 6mo old who just started crawling which makes it even more important to keep the floors clean. Does anyone have any suggestions... to get out of clothes, fabrics more resistant to hair, a better vacuum etc.....

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pets

• i use those rubber brushes. It get cat hair up really well. Look for em at Petco
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wonder if you are making things worse by brushing the cat all the time. I had a long haired cat for years. We never had that much cat hair. Back off on the brushing and see what happens. You may be stressing the cat out, even if the cat doesn't appear to be stressed.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• aren't cats (and dogs) constantly shedding? Winter and Summer coats are constantly growing in depending what time of year it is.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Brissle
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 11:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Is it just a mutt of a cat? I asked because common domestic short haired cats rarely need brushing more than once a week, if that. I have a long hair and a short hair and I don't seem to have as much of a hair issue as you. We actually rarely brush the short haired one....but he can be a bit pushy when he sees his brother getting his belly brushed!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Never had a cat, got a Cockerpoo so we wouldn't have shedding this time around w/our dog.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have a long haired cat..she is constantly shedding her winter coat.& we also buy the purina in doors cat food that helps her get rid of her hairballs.Also...if she has fleas,she's also ingesting them which meansshe could have worms in here stool.Cats are the cleanest animal.They sleep for 18 hours & then they clean their selves for the remainder of the day.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You need to brush her to get all the hair before it falls out. It's amazing how much hair comes off of one cat, isn't it? LOL
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010