Can the baby hear?

im 20 weeks pregnant..and in my choir class at school i noticed that when theirs music playing he gets very excited?he starts kicking..
i wanted to know if he can hear because im laying down on my bed with my laptop on youtube, im listening to people play the piano
my baby started kicking,is he uncomfortable?or likes the music? can he hear it well?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• at 20 weeks yes they can hear and your baby probably likes it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes. Your baby can hear. My son enjoyed music as well. He still does.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• he can hear.... he can hear you talking to him also. it's not all that great but he can hear different sounds. i know my lil guy loves music and when he hears it he starts moving around like crazy. Of course i'm 34 weeks not... but he's been moving around when he hears music since I was 17 weeks. So yeah! make sure he knows mommy loves him :) my lil guy likes it when i sing to him also
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• A baby's ears begin to form at around eight weeks and become structurally complete at about 24 weeks. But as early as 18 weeks, the bones of the inner ear and the nerve endings from the brain have developed enough for your baby to hear sounds such as your heartbeat and blood moving through the umbilical cord. He may even be startled by loud noises! For the rest of the pregnancy, sound serves as a baby's major information channel.
    By week 25, your baby begins to hear your voice — and your partner's — and may even recognize those voices as early as week 27. btw my son loved music and stories when i was pregnant too still does

JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2008