Do you know any dads who have custody and the moms have to visit?

happening more and more nowadays

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, several actually. honestly i believe if both parents work and are stable and loving they should share custody 50/50. the child is as much the fathers as it is the mothers. of course if the child is old enough they should be able to decide not the court
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My ex husband gained custody of his kids when they were 4 and 6. That was part of the reason I moved in--to help him care for them. I raised them until they were 14 and 16 and then he and I split. They are now 20 and 22.
    She neglected her kids. They suffered from malnutrition and tooth decay so bad that the dentist wanted to press charges for child neglect. We convinced him not to as we now had custody of them.
    She had to pay child support too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, I know many dads who have custody of their kids because it was the best place for them to be.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My older 4 kids are with their fathers, my personal choice. I knew I couldn't do what needed to be done to care for them at the time, so I made a contract, of sorts, with the fathers, then the Judge went along with what we had agreed too.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My BIL has custody, his ex has visitation and has to pay child support. He is the better parent by far. His kids call their step-mom MOM and their bio-mom by her first name - yeah, they like their step-mom better!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:57 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, I don't
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do! And I agree with that specific case.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:22 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My Ex has custody of our kids. The kids chose to stay with him and I didn't care as long as they're happy. I see them whenever we choose considering we only live 15 minutes apart.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That's with my first 3 children I now have a 19mo and 1 on the way with my SO right now.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Me my ex has my kids but not cause he is a good parent.... I ran into some trouble a few years back..... I was abducted and stuff so like I had no choice in where or what was going on.................. and I really dont want to talk about that but yes. I don't think that it is fair. He is a Crack Head I had gotten a restraining order on him and he still has the kids..... I need help! Any ideas? Sorry for the question in a question but it came to me.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010