Soul mates?

Do you believe in soul mates? When I first met Dh I completely believe that he completed me. We were young then, and have gone through a lot. He got interested in someone else within a year of our relationship, but when I almost broke up with him over it, he said that he loved me and he didn't want to be with her.. just wanted to be with me (he didn't do anything with the other girl). We had a few good years after that. When I went away to college, I didn't even think about breaking up with the great guy I had. Then two years into college, he met this girl at work, and they became friends, and hung out together (I was in another state in college). Because he lied to me about her I completely and utterly lost faith in him. I had believed that we were soul mates, but now I'm not sure. I got pregnant. Our Dd is a year old... and I still can't forgive him for his lies, or believe a word out of his mouth. Should I stay with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I do believe in soul mates, I have met mine.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I sure do. I believe in reincarnation. And I believe that our souls make longer term attachments than we can on the physical plane, and that these connections transcend one lifetime. Not just a connection with a lover, but connections with friends and family as well. In most cases I think we are cycled round abouts the same spirits/souls in this life as we were in the last... Because of this sometimes when people meet they just click, because even if they have never met in physical life, their souls/spirits already have a connection.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes I do... But thats just me! :D
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 11:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do not believe in Soul mates anymore.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Trust is a huge part of a relationship and if you don't have it, then the relationship is most likely doomed. Counseling is the only thing I can suggest, for you and him. I do want to add though, that I highly doubt he was just "friends" with these other women. He told you he did nothing, but do you really believe that? Trust you instincts, they are usually right on. Good luck:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If he was with, or wanted to be with, another person while you were together he wasn't your soul mate, sweetie. If you can't trust him, leave.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i hate that term
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't believe in soul mates.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I believe, but in a bit different sense. I think we have several "soul mates" not just one that we were meant to mate with forever. A husband could be a soul mate, IMO, as well as a friend. You never know where you'll have a stronger bond with someone. I think there are people that are meant to come into our lives just long enough for us to accomplish one thing or another and then they may go. Doesn't make them any less important to your life in the big picture. To me, those people are categorized as soul mates. I know that isn't the popular definition, but something to think about. :)

I would be very hurt if I were you. I don't know if I'd give up hope on him or not, but I think that either way you go, counseling would benefit the situation.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I don't beleive in soul mate, just in love mates.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010