I learned something amazing at church this morning...

The bible is not perfect! It is our chosen book. the book God wants us to live by and follow but we must keep in ind that it is written through Man's personality. Ecclesiastes is a good example. This is also why some stories seem to contradict each other. They are written by man. Different men who interpret and see things differently. What an amazingly way to look at things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• : )
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• This is news? Sounds to me like common sense!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I disagree. What is it for God, the creator of the universe, the one being who know exactly how many hairs our on the heads of our children, to keep His word infallible? I feel that if I said that God's word was imperfect, it would put a limit on God and deny him his glory.
    However, with that said I also believe that the term "The Living Word" is very true for the bible. That a group of people can read the same verse and have their lives touched by it in different ways. It doesn't mean anyone of them is necessarily wrong, it just means God knows what He is doing.
    chjack123

Answer by chjack123 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• exactly, welcome to reality :) Opened eyes help you see alot of things more clearly imho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's not news to me.  I've known that for a very long time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:59 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Interesting
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Exactly! Its not perfect so why do people act like its the end all be all to God's word?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I knew it wasn't word for word' God said write this verbatim' But I never thought about any faults. I never thought about people writing the words making faults in there own wording or in there own translation of what was going on in there lives and the lives of those around them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Exactly. That's the way I see it. The Bible is a compilation of man's writings on their understanding of and relationship with God. Its not infallible or meant to represent literal aspects of faith or history. It just shows us God and faith through their eyes and experiences/understandings. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Anon ... beware of false teachers ... the Bible is ABSOLUTELY the Divine Word of God. Jesus HIMSELF said that the Bible is indestructible (Matt 5:18); it is infallible (completely reliable and authoritative) or "unbreakable" (John 10:35) - as a side note to Muslims, John 10:30 and following is where Jesus claims His deity - the Bible has final and decisive authority (Matt 4:4,7,10), and is sufficient for faith and practice. 2 Tim 3:16-17 states that ALL of Scripture is "God-breathed." The extent of divine authority in Scripture includes all that is written, even the very words (Matt 22:43; 1 Cor 2:13) - including even the smallest parts of the words (Matt 5:17-18) and the tenses of the verbs (Matt22:32). The words of the Bible are not mere ideas, that the authors erroneously scribbled on paper to the best of their human ability. Notice the reference to revealed or divinely inspired "Scripture" (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21 ......
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010