What is the worst parenting mistake you have ever made? NO BASHING PLEASE.

My is not getting more support for breast feeding and I had to quit at 3mo. My son is only 6mo. and had a issue with lactose and I have had make health problems. I really just didn't get enough support to continue. And my family REALLY bashed breastfeeding. My husband, doctor. and LC were the only supportive ones.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• In my 23 yrs of parenting there have been countless mistakes and things I would give my right arm to go back and fix those mistakes and make them right.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• probably quite a few, but any decisions made in the heat of anger, frustration and impatience would fall into that category for me.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not breastfeeding, I wanted so badly to but couldnt because of medication I was on. I wish I would have though and just not have taken the meds.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Trying to fit in to what everyone else thought I should be as a mom rather than doing what I believed was right from day one... Needless to say, that didn't last long... I never have been one to do things because I'm "supposed" to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• NOt putting my foot down and getting my son diagnosed at 3. There is a lot of services he missed out on by waiting until he was 5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well, for the first few months of my son's life I was giving him that baby water with his formula (I had to supplement). I was told by a nurse that it was good to give him, only to later find out it was the opposite. The flouride in it can be dangerous! Luckily he never had any issues with it, but I felt so stupid when I found out that I was going out of my way to buy the nursery water when it was bad for him!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not being more active in there schooling
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Mine would have to be the breastfeeding thing and also having my mom give me advice for the first year of my sons life
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• OP, if you wanted to, you could start nursing again. I say this only because you seem to really WANT to nurse. If you're interested in this, let me know, I can point you in the direction of help/support, and will help you in any way I can.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• left my daugher in our hotel room, at 4 monthes old, and left the key in there (i was only stepping into the hallway) and dhe was screaming, and it took 1/2 hour to get back in :( That was horrible, I still have nighmares about it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010