How is a person that is gay believing in god and following the church different than an adulterer that believes in god and follows the church?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 11:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You can't control or change who you love, But you can control or stop cheating. If you fall in love with some one else while married fine get a fucking divorce and be with that person. One is not natural the other is natural to the individual.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Do you mean besides the fact that a Homosexual can't help but be homosexual and an adulterer makes a choice to cheat?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• the difference is that people who are gay are still following the ten commandments and they are not hurting anyone by being gay. The ten commandments do not say "though shalt not be gay"...really..i promise. And on the same page it says "and a man shall not lay with another man nor shall a woman lay with another woman" it also says "and a man shall not lay in the same bed with a women who is having her period" (not in those exact words but same meaning) and so I'm pretty sure just about every married couple is screwed on that one. So if you have slept in the same bed while on your period or while your partner is on her period then you better stop following the church because you are a hypocrite...congrats. People just follow the parts of the bible they want to follow.
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm not God, so it's not for me to judge.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I get voted down for saying that I'm not God, so it's not my place to judge? Give me a break!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There's no difference .... but even Satan and the demons believe in God - and they are condemned. Truly redeemed Christians are not followers of the church, but of Christ - they are members of the church. Saving faith is not merely something said, but is something that is acted out. While our works do not save us, they are evidence of the inward change of redemption brought by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit. If one has received this regeneration, then they are in the process of Sanctification - being made like Christ. If one is being changed to be like Christ, then they cannot stay where they are - they cannot continue in their sin - they must turn away from their sin. Christ said, "if you love me, you will obey what I have commanded you." His Word also says, Do not be deceived: neither adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, will inherit the kingdom of God. Both adulterers, and homosexuals can come to Christ, ...
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• eye rolling

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• They're not. For neither one is following. Therefore they each have to deal with the consequences of their actions at some point and time.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ... but they cannot remain in their sin.
    Gal51

• When you say "...a person that is gay believing in God..." are you referring to a person who is actively seeking and engaging in homosexual sex?  Because I understand how it is hypocrisy to honor God with their lips but have thier hearts far from Him (Mt 15:8).

But are you referring to a person who has an involuntary sexual attraction to others of the same gender, but seeks counseling with communities such as NARTH and Courage?  Because people like this are true Christians, honoring Him with both their lips and their hearts; most are probably more wholly devoted to God than I am and I greatly respect them.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010