Did you know that if your circumsize your child..

He will die! I was reading about it in a group and a women keeps saying if you do it your child will die in the first month of having it done, it is just as bad as SIDS but we can prevent it...
Seriously what other bull crap are people going to come up with in scaring new mothers into not having their child circ. It is the parents choice to do it and personally you would think that you would hear about it on the news.. I think mothers who are so against it need to do more research and leave mothers alone who get it done. It is not that big of a deal just one kid is going to have a cleaner penis and less chance of getting UTI.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some are in fact dumber than others.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree. My son is... one of my best friends son, isn't.. Trust me they have both lived to the age of five... (Although its been a few close calls, that have had nothing to do with have a circumsize done or not. Mostly the whining thats almost done them in. (JUST JOKING PEOPLE)

I think its the mother & fathers choice.... & no one has the right to put down a mother for doing it or not doing it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• LMAO! That the biggest bunch of sh!t that I've ever heard of. What the hell are they going to come up with next.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Does that mean a uncircumcised boy will live forever?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That is so stupid, lol. My son is circumcised and I'm glad I made the decision. For every reason that someone has NOT to circ, I have one for why I did. If you truly do research, the "there are no medical benefits" argument is actually quite wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well call me stupid if you like, but I am 46 years old and have NEVER seen an uncircumcised penis in all my life!!   Again, until I came to this site, I thought all children were circumcised unless you were a religion that believed differently.  Every person I have ever known has had their son done.  Every man I have ever been with has been circumcised.  It really is ridiculous that they keep coming up with this stuff to scare people into believing differently.    I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that people would choose not to vaccinate.   This is another one to add to my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I understand that death is a risk of life in general, but I don't think any family should go into circumcision thinking that there are absolutely no risks. I clearly stated that just because it is a risk does not mean it's always going to happen. You need to figure out which risk you are more comfortable with. The risk of infection in intact males is also very low if you properly care for the child (not retracting foreskin, bathing child regularly, changing diapers regularly). When circumcising a newborn, it's so early in their life that there could be some kind of bleeding disorder that you are unaware of because they are newborn. I'm in no way telling anyone what to do here, other then to be informed no matter which decision you make (or don't make). There was a poster who said that no one was going to die from circumcision. That's why I said what I said. Babies, kids, and adults DO die from circumcision.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's all propaganda... Welcome to the US! That's all anyone wants now a days... Do the research yourself, get the truth and information, then make a choice with the best welfare of your child's long term health in mind... If you can't or won't do that much, you really shouldn't be having children in the first place...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yeesh... That's ridiculous. I don't know how even someone who isn't for circ'ing could believe that. I certainly don't, and I'm not getting my son circ'ed. We have our own reasons for not doing it, and I would never tell another person something that incredibly stupid. That person obviously needs to get their facts right, and their heads checked!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• my boyfriend and I are going to have our child done if it's a boy (we are waiting to find out until our baby is born) but I had NO support from my parents on the issue. They were so against it. It pretty much came down to me telling them "Too GD bad, it's not your child" lol. I don't understand why people make such an issue out of it. Nothing bad comes of it either way it's just a personal decision. I think the statistic is 90% of boys in the US are circ. My boyfriend was, our child will be, and that's that.
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2010