How can I ease the pain of a cyst.

I am maybe 4 - 5 weeks pregnant and I am going through some serious pain. I just found out I have a cyct that is causing me tons of pain. I don't want to keep taking tylenol as I don't want to harm the baby. I'm worried about the baby and the cyst.

Any feedback anyone can give will be greatly appriated. I will like to talk to anyone who have experienced this.

Thank you

Qmyeesha

qmyeesha

Asked by qmyeesha at 11:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How about just heating compresses? Those air activated heating pads with the adhesives work great. You can attach them to clothing that is over the cyst area and it will warm it up. Hope that helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I was afraid to use heat during my pregnancy so I just used my hand or fingers and pushed down where it hurt and it helped a lil
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 12:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thank you so very much. I will try the warm heating compress.
    qmyeesha

Comment by qmyeesha (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Hi TiffanieAnn

I try that all the time but at times the pain just get so intense.
    qmyeesha

Comment by qmyeesha (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would ask your doctor since you are so early on in your pregnancy, the first trimester is so important...
    and maybe look up online what you can do that is safe for baby.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ask the doctor. When I had major pains b/c of cysts, I wasn't pregnant so they gave me pain medicine to deal with it.
    Unfortunantely I don't think there is much you can take to ease pain while you are pregnant.

Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thank you ladies, the doctor said I can take tylenol. I will give the dr a call tomorrow to see what she suggest.
    qmyeesha

Comment by qmyeesha (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• if it hurts ask your doc for pain meds, they are mostly safe to take during pregnancy, i had to take several different kinds while i was pregnant
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2010