What do you think about current US economic crisis?

Do u think US will have to let off of the title of World's Supreme Power bcoz of this current economic crisis? Do u think US will make a come back?

Saritha

Asked by Saritha at 5:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope and pray we will make a comeback..... if not, I fear I might have to move! LOL
    Anonymous

• Our influence around the world was already in decline. We no longer produce the scientific and commercial breakthroughs we once did, we no longer produce well educated workers. We are a nation of "give-me's" - give me my big screen TV (produced in Japan), give me my luxury car (produced in Europe), give me my computer (produced in China), and while your at it, give me a super well paying job that is super easy to do - or better yet, just pay me to sit at home. We are a nation of people who feel "entitled" to a certain standard of living - even though we do nothing for it. How on earth can we continue to be a "Supreme Power". Every area of improvement or scientific advance we give up to other countries because math and science are "too hard" and, let's face it, video games are so much more fun. I wonder why the games are all made in Japan and China? Our decline is our own fault - not the fault of the current economic crisis.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We have become the welfare state of the world. We think government is the answer to everything. We want more government programs but don't even question where the money comes from. This current mess is a result of "red lining". This started under Jimmy Carter, bloomed under Clinton and Obama had a lot to do with it under ACORN. The government forced banks and mortgage companies to give loans to people who they KNEW could not afford the loans. WHY? Because of the "fairness" chant of the Left.  So government could then ride in and appear as the Knight in Shining Armour rescuing the stupid masses from Corporate America.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't really care for McCain but Obama is too far left for me. Neither can do much about this mess because it is geared for a one world banking system. That is being accomplished. And we just witnessed the socialization of our mortgage companies. What else? The cry of people to tax the wealthy and business--where in the heck do you think most people get their employment! We have the third highest corporate tax in the world--why do you think so much is leaving our shores. People want to think Obama will stick it to the rich--well as a small business owner, we paid more in taxes than we brought home last year. And that was far under $80,000. If taxes go higher, we will have to lay people off---as will other businesses--then what? Who will be filling the public trough so many are feeding from?

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Kaycee is right on!
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This mess is the result of the powers that be letting the special interest take advantage of its citizens. Some brilliant person came up with the idea of paying us less and forcing us to supplement our incomes with credit, which in turn they would ultimately get their money back with interest. Well it back fired because they don't understand working people or care too. If we don't have the money or means to spend there is no economy. You can only ride the backs of the poor and middle class for so long before it comes back to haunt you. Thats my theory any way.

Anonymous

• I think the rest of the world is laughing at the US stupidity and ignorance. "We" have walked around like hot shit for far too long. Karma...
    Anonymous

• China is the technical super power of the world.
    The U.S. is said to be the richest (some will argue that the UAE).
    U.S. has the greatest military.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We have become a consumeristic  society----how many see "wants" as "needs"? How many "want" a nicer house, better car, cell phone, internet, new clothes all of the time. How many are willing to tell their kids--we can't afford that? There was a time when our parents' generation and early learned to save for things. They learned to make due with what they have....... I am not accusing anyone because I know what it is to live on one income--have done it my entire married life. There were times,in our early marriage, when my husband would go coyote hunting to pay for our utilities! I know what it is to have to budget:-) And how many young couples are doing it today--I have no idea:-(

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008