kind of worried.

i had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and 4 days to find out the sex of the baby. its a girl :) and during that, they were doing measurements etc. we were in there a good 45 min- an hour doing measurements and stuff.....
well now i went to the doctor yesterday and my dr said i have to go back to get another ultrasound so they can measure her brain. he said its not a big deal but im still worried.:(

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe it's something thing simply forgot to measure?
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I had to go back 3 different times. My first one, they said he wasnt measuring big enough. my second one his head was larger than it should have been and my third they said he was just perfect..... but we already knew that =)...... i m msure she just needs to catch up a little bit,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• im sure things are fine try not to worry just thhink of that beautiful baby girl you arae gonna have ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• her brain might have been a little small so they need to see how it's growing. It's normal for doctors to do extra ultrasounds just to make sure. i know I've had 5 ultrasounds in the last 4 months, just because my doctor wants to make sure everything is perfect. :) So don't be worried i'm sure he just wants to make sure the baby is fine :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Huh, again I know how you feel. The doc called me after my 20 week ultrasound and said that I too need another one because they need a better look at the cord.

Of course I questioned my Dr up and down and finally after practically harassing him, I found out that the ultrasound tech did not get an adequate picture of the cord. I am wondering if they did not measure the brain on your child?

Regardless it is an uneasy feeling and I can't tell you not to get worked up over it because even though I know why I need another ultrasound it still worries me.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My doctor gave me a big scare with Tripps heart, he also said it was no big deal and not to be worried, he was prob. just seeing things. Well i freaked out and was super stressed for the whole week before my appt with the specialist, and it turned out that he is perfectly fine. It is normal to be scared, nobody could calm me down, but when your doc said it is no big deal, then he is prob right, he just wants to be sure. So try to relax and not freak out until they tell you, yes, your baby has a problem. because chances are very good that your baby is perfectly fine! keep up the hope and i will keep you in my prayers, it sure helped me, i hope it helps you!
    Cas05

Answer by Cas05 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it may be a routine thing.. sometimes the tech's forget stuff.. if yor doc saw problems, i think he would've let you know? and yay, we're both having girls!
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008