Fun Thinks to do with 2 Toddlers

I am a stay at home mom and am getting bored with the same old routines. For those of you with toddlers at home, what are some fun activities you enjoy when you need a change of pace? My children are 15 months and 2 1/2 years. Thanks. :)

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use to take the stroller as a just in case but we would go on a walk and pick flowers, look at rocks, learn left and right, car/ truck/ van and it wore them out!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I found that my granddaughter loved to sit up in her high chair and color, play with play doh and even help me with dishes. I gave her a small bowl of soapy water and a few dishes. She thought it was great. Don't think she'll feel the same way when she's 12, but we'll wait for that!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That is a great idea. This summer has been a particularly hot one, so we haven't gotten out very much lately. I am so glad the weather is starting to cool down some. We love to take walks when the weather is appropriate. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I always made a habit to get out as much as possible to take in new atmopshere. I would go to the park, run errands, even the library for some easy reading books for the kids, for ice cream. I found that some days would be too long if I didn't at least break it up with going out for a couple of hours.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Haha, yeah. They would def have to be in their high chairs for that! My 15 month old is very destructive. lol.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, I think the reason we are getting so bored with our routine is that lately we haven't been able to get out a lot at all. It has been really hot out lately and our air conditioner in the family car isn't working. My youngest is also very sensitive to the sun (I blame it on the red hair. lol.) So thank God that the weather is cooling off a little.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Familyfun.go.org for all of your acitvity needs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thanks :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010