Breakdown......... (kinda long)

Hello Ladies.... I am a returning mom here to cafemom, i've been mia for a while but i really need advice, a ear to listen and way just to get it out...

I am mommy for 4 year old twins and i've been with their father on and of for 7 years now. We have been through the trenches and back in our relationship. We recently we decided to see a counselor and just try and give things are real shot (smh)... isn't not working it's like trying to fit pieces together cause you want it so bad, but they just don't fit.

He decided yesterday after a heated argument (that I really don't wanna get into) that he was moving to Texas......his kids and I live in Colorado, to be closer to his family. I dunno it's weird cause I think I know it's over, but he still lives her, and I still have to act like i'm not effected by this. He talks to other girls on the phone and on facebook ( all friends), but why do I care. He's no longer mine cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• When you've been with someone for at least seven years and longer and have had kids together it is hard to emotionally break up with someone. I think it would be a process of letting go of this person or finding closure. However, the fact that you have children with this man it will take a while to unwind from this relationship. The children in the picture kind of complicates things a bit unless he isn't interested in taking care of the kids altogether. That to me is kind of selfish on his part if that is at all true. It places a lot of responsibility into your lap and he walks away showing no responsibility for having brought some wonderful children into the world and not recognizing that they are human beings with feelings also. He's not just hurting you wth his actions, but these children too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010