Diva cup issues! Ahg! Getting frustrated! adult content

Okay I have been using it for about 5 months now and STILL can't get it right. It either leaks or hurts. I am sure I have the right size sine I am 30 and have has 2 kids. I have tried different folds...Maybe it's just not for me... Maybe the silicone is to tough a material for me...I could try a latex one I guess but this one cost 40 dollars! I don't want to go back to tampons but this isn't going well either. HELP ME! lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Health

• I would say instead of trying another one from the same company, shop around. We aren't all made the same, and for those of us who are built a little different than the norm stuff like this doesn't always fit so well. I personally, haven't had any issues with it, but I have talked to others who have. I would say check out some other brands, they may fit you better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not a clue, but I'll give you a bump! I keep wanting to buy one.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Not sure about the diva cup, but I used to use Insteads. With those you simply folded them in half and inserted it up there. I always used gloves, but sometimes, you have to use a little lub as well. It should just open into place, if it's like the Insteads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There is a group on CafeMom called "The (.) Cup" where I got a ton of information about menstrual cups. I have no advice for you - I'm sorry! - but I did want to tell you that I tried for months and months to use mine, I had two different kinds and one was the Diva (don't remember the other), and I finally gave up, due to not feeling like I was able to get it clean (those little tiny holes!!) and also due to veery severe cramping that came with it. I know a lot of people don't have these problems - I think a lot of women have less pain with the cup than with other menstrual products - but that was me. So, you're not alone. I hope you can get it to work out for you.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Maybe I need the smaller size? I have had to kids but they were by C-sec but I am 30...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes, trying a different size may be the answer. It also might be positioning - I know a lot of women had to do a lot of trial and error to get it positioned well. Again, check out the group - that's where all this stuff I remember comes from! :o) Good luck!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would think you have the right size. Have you looked in to the MoonCup? It's similar, but sometimes a different brand means a different fit...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Okay, this is going to be a TMI response, but I think it might help if you'll just be willing to try it a few times. I switched to one back in Feb or March and had a very difficult time inserting it using either of the recommended folds. About five months in, I had a strange idea to just insert it "straight" without any folding whatsoever. Here comes the TMI part: I have to squat with legs spread wide, almost like you might be trying to deliver a baby. Then I just push it straight in, while aiming for the tailbone like it suggests. I check by turning before standing up and I generally have a good "seal". I check again after standing up fully, and make sure I have three full and easy turns. It should turn VERY easily and should not be a struggle at all. Also, I nipped the very tip end off of mine because I felt it was hanging out too far for my liking.

I hope this helps you!
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 12:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Complain and get it right...I swear. I'll never get it in again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010