How do I get him more involved

My husband loves our kids I have no question about that. he is just absent went he comes home. He works outside all day and I get that, but he makes me feel so selfish if I don't feel like doing therapy that night or if I hold my son to much. I try to talk to him about Logan's progress with therapy or anything for that matter and he is just not there. I am at a loss right now. Any advice?

Jessica9183

Asked by Jessica9183 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Hmm ... my advice would be to sit down with him alone, if you can, and talk to him about how you're feeling. My dh works out in the weather all day too and at first he would just crash, but we talked about it and he understood where I was coming from. Sometimes I just have to be straightforward and ask him to help or listen, whatever it is, and it always snaps him back to us. Good luck, I'm sure he'll come around!
    amygrims

Answer by amygrims at 5:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• have him switch jobs. if talking doesn't work then nothing well. you have to accept him for he is.
    Anonymous

• sit him down and tell him he's not involved. I'm having issues (not like this) with my DH and i finally last night sat him down and told him how it was, how things have to change. make sure he understands that you know he's tired from a long day outside, but that his kid needs him...he needs to be involved.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008