What is going on? (Menstrual irregular)

So, Im having dark brown discharge (old blood?) at what should be the start of my normal period. It very light. Enough to show on a panty liner. My normal cycle is 27-30 days. Well this is day 34. (my last period started July 19. Anyone know what's happening? Could I be anemic and just not bleeding as much this month? I did have a lot of dental work done this month. or could I be having a miscarriage? I read online that when you start your period with dark brown/blackish blood it's a miscarriage symptom. Obviously i'm gonna see a Dr. asap, but I need to know today! Help! Im very worried.

Joanne28

Asked by Joanne28 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• This could be what is called implantation bleeding which is common when a fertilized egg finally "implants" itself in your uterus. This could be a very good sign if you are ttc. I would take a home pregnancy test to see if you could be pregnant. :) Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I agree with Kword. It could be implantation bleeding.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Def not implantation. Implantation happens like a week before your period is due, not when you're a week late.

Well, it turns out after I wrote this question, I was having annoying, aggravating back and hip pain.It felt like the beginning of labor pains! I swear I could feel my cervix moving. I decided to take some Advil and go swimming. I kept feeling like a had to use the bathroom, but barely anything came out. At about 4p.m. I went bathroom again and this time it was my (very heavy) menstruation. Then I felt sick, and very tired and weak and still having that dull,annoying pain and pressure. Today im doing better. Now its like a normal period. I can't prove it, but i think I had a miscarriage.
    Joanne28

Comment by Joanne28 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010