Did you buy a round crib? If so where did you get it?

I read that the round crib is safer than the standard crib. Never been recalled, but still not sure if I should it for this baby.

Twisted_Halo

Asked by Twisted_Halo at 12:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think the round cribs are any safer then the regular cribs. It's the company that makes the cribs, not the design of the crib that matters...I'm pretty sure it could honestly have any shape and it wouldn't make a difference. You can buy a round crib from babies r us.
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i think they are beautiful but i never bought one even though i wanted to simply because they are so expensive!
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If my DS would have been a girl I wanted a round crib. I don't think they are any safer, but they're really cute! Getting sheets for them is a pain though, you have to special order them and they're expensive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i desperately wanted one but we were broker than broke! our first baby was an "accident" I was on the pill and the pregnancy was very high risk but with our second now that we're doing much better and it will be planned i might splurge and get a round crib i can see where they would be safer though i think it would be harder for an infant to get trapped between the rails and the mattress if it was round rather than straight and i bet it feels more "womby" to the child and would make decorating the nursery awesome your crib could go in the center of the room and be the focal piece so cool!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• you can find them on-line
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would have loved to have one but I already had a crib so it would have been a waste of money I dont think they would be any safer they are just cooler
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010