I need rainy day ideas, ladies!

One child is wild, one is attitude-y and one thinks I was put on this earth to snuggle and nurse. I have 4 rooms to pack, nine days to go, and too much to do to even fathom it.

Help! How can I get stuff done?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get paint, washable, and paint brushes, sponges, you can even cut potatoes in half and make stamps out of the potatoes if you cut designs. Then line the kitchen floor with newspaper and let them paint. Stay close, because it can get messy. Also, they can bowl with empty water bottles and balls of aluminum foil. Play dress up with old clothes and shoes. Get some more boxes and let your kids make a castle or car, whatever, and let them play in those. Throw a tent over some chairs, put in some comic books, cookies, snacks and juice in there and let them go at it. If you have kids who can help pack, make a list using pictures or words, and create a scavenger hunt for them. It can be toys, books, clothes, anything not breakable, and have them race it out. Make sure you have prizes, it can be a cookie. There are lots of things to do.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Hugs! I am a WAHM and I made up a "fun box" -- I took a bin and put some little toys, games, puzzles, new color books/crayons, some small play-doh, and assorted items that would catch (and hold) their attention for a while. Then when I was under a time-crunch to meet my work deadline I would pull the box out and let the kids at it. They really liked seeing the "new" things and playing with the different items in the box.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• two words PLAY-DOH. lol. works like a charm here.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010