3rd child, 37 weeks and cramping....

I have gotten BH contractions with all three from very early but never cramping that feels like period cramps. I have had cramping due to constipation or gas, but this felt different. I do NOT think its labor though. It was at night while I was sleeping, a little this morning, mostly on my right side down really low. When the baby moved it felt worse (baby is head down and VERY low). So, maybe a pulled muscle or ligament? or something like that. Anyone have that before? Its feels a little better now, but just curious what it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the ER! I wouldn't wait around to find out the problem. My labor felt like cramping in my back with my second pregnancy soooo it could be labor, every pregnancy is different.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It is likely that your body is getting ready for the real deal. If the cramping gets better when you move, then it is probably what the doctors call false labor. If if gets worse when you move, then you are likely in labor and start timing things.

My 3rd was born at 38 weeks and I was in and out of labor for 2-3 days before my body got serious, then he was born so quickly that he was bruised from head to toe.

You can always call your ob or midwife. That's what they are there for.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Hope all goes well for you!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ur concidered full term, no worries if the time has come
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 10:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2010