My daughter just told me she dosnt have a daddy

My 3 1/2 yr old and i our watching Madagascar 2 and in the begining theres a baby lion and his daddy. And she said Look at the baby and his daddy, I don't have a daddy. Mommy i dont have a daddy. I said yes you do but he lives far away. She hasnt seen him since she was one he calls off and on.. dosn't pay child support. We live with my boyfriend. We have for two years. They have a father daughter releationship, but she dosn't call him daddy.

youngmomma021

Asked by youngmomma021 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is this a question?
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 1:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• whats the question??
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 1:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• YEs i didnt mean to send it yet. I dont know what to tell her when she says things like this. It hurts me that she feels like she dosn't have a daddy.
    youngmomma021

Comment by youngmomma021 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i tell mine that i am thier mommy and daddy
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 1:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I would just tell her that not all families are made the same and some girls have a different kind of relationship with their daddies. And some girls' daddies aren't their daddies' by blood. but you'll have to dumb it down a little
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Keep telling her what you are. Let her know she has a daddy but he is not around and you can't answer for him to why. Let he r know that when she gets older and wants to ask these questions you will help find him, so she can.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That is very sad, I can see why you would be hurt. I would tell her that some people have a mommy, some people have a daddy, and some people have both, or neither. Have you thought about letting her have a relationship with her dad, or is it out of the question for some reason?Also, does your bf want to be her daddy?
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 1:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Awh. I would just explain that there are all different types of daddys out there. Some live with them, and others live far away. Just remind her that everyone loves her very much and that she certainly DOES have a daddy.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• As the movie goes on, the baby gets separated from the parents. He lives elsewhere. Explain that just like the lion, her daddy lives far away, and just like the lion, she will see him sometime (sometime might not be the right word...I just can't think of a different one)

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• a daddy does not have to be the biological sperm donor. you've been with your boyfriend a long time, does he want to step up and be her "daddy"? if your boyfriend does not feel comfortable with it then i'd tell her she has a daddy but he lives far away.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010