Recipe for fresh oven baked bread? In the mood to make some fresh bread this morning..whats your recipe?

:)
Thanks

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you have to try this book....it's life changing.
    http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/

the basic recipe should be on the site somewhere, but if not, pm me, and I'll dig out my book.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Rice Bread:

* 1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice
    * 1 1/2 Tbsp. (1 Tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp.) vegetable or canola oil

Put these two ingredients in a 2 cup measuring cup and add enough warm water to make 1 1/2 c. Dump into bread machine pan or mixing bowl.
    Add:

* 2 Tbsp. sugar
    * 2 tsp. salt
    * 3 cups all purpose flour (I've used all purpose or whole wheat, even a mix of both)
    * 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast.

If using a bread machine, set to desired setting and start. I prefer to use the dough cycle then take the dough out and form a loaf, let rise in my bread pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
    If using a stand mixer, add the flour last, cup by cup. If mixing by hand I will also add the flour at the last and then knead for 6 to 8 minutes before letting it rise, covered, in a greased bowl. Form into a loaf, let rise in bread pan and bake 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010