Tennessee??

My hubby got a job and the main headquarters is there just curious for anyone who has lived there how is it?? I am so scared of tornadoes never seen one anything always lived on the west coast is it really bad there or no?? I know dumb question just thinking about it!

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 1:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Travel

• Tennessee has great weather year round, they really don't get tornadoes. The people are really friendly too!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i live not even an hour under the state line and we don't have tornadoes that bad. not even every year. they've happened, and they've damaged. but with all the mountains over here, they dont last long, not like oklahoma tornadoes would. you'll be fine :)
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, mudslides, ice storms, monsoons (sp)..................There is bad weather everywhere. Tennessee is beautiful. Open your mind and you will love it and make a fantastic home for your family.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yeah not too much tornado wise. Clarksville (where I grew up) had a freak tornado in January one year that wiped out a lot of downtown, but it could have been worse (it happened before any of the business opened up or the traffic was flowing, so it was virtually deserted at the time). But that was the only tornado in probably over 50 years that hit a populated area.

But yeah, Tennessee is one of the more beautiful states you could ever see. Don't fret!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I was there w/S/O in the Marines. Was there 1 week & orders were chgd. From the little I saw the weather & state was a nice place to live. Very friendly, a lot of "You all come back" where ever we went.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Looks like 1/2 of Tennessee doesn't get it. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• thank you very much makes me feel much better :)
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I love Tennessee, my Dads side of the family lives there. I try to convince my hubby to move there all the time, if we didn't have a business I think he'd go for it. He loves it there. Tennessee feels more like home to me than the place I was actually born and raised.
    NoGoodName4Me

Answer by NoGoodName4Me at 10:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I love Tennessee! My mom's family is from the mountains near Knoxville, and my dad's family is in Memphis so I spent a lot of time in the state growing up. I'm from NC and the weather is very similar to here. Hot and humid in the summer. Fairly mild in the winter. And spring and fall are just beautiful.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Tn is not a bad place to live we use to visit every yr.Gl and happy movin
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010