Watching TV, *TABOO*i DONT agree with breastfeeding

I dont agree with breast feeding,
While the child is 5 yrs and older,

I think its gross,

Who honestly would do this honestly besides the crazy woman on tv,

IS ANYONE on cafemom BREASTFEEDING THEIR CHILD above the age of 3,

it shows that it does not HAVE any health value to the child eating an already healthy diet, after 3 years old, why do some do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you think thats disgusting watch this.vid.ewww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• idk i plan to only to 6 months if this one isnt like my first lol only did for 2 months with him he ate to much my body couldnt keep up
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i agree! once my baby is one i am done i bf till my dd was 1 and thats how it will be with this one
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• idk I was hoping to make it to 1 with each of mine, but was deterred by the chompers ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yeah i think so too, But there is a point of it in the western areas where we are breast are being looked at as sexual,
    and not okay at all , some people feel uncomfy around it, some people dont care like myself
    i only draw the line at the 3 yrs and older thing myself why would you do this to yourself and to your child it is proven that they do grow more dependent on the mother if their above a certian age,
    most mothers breastfeed at least until their 16 months that what they say the norm is,
    Other places like africa, show their breast freely and their not considerd at all sexual and their breast are just for baby
    Anonymous

• i plan to try to bf if nothing else pump for at least 6m if not a yr.

i have seen posts on hear about bf a child that is 3 or older and i think it is weird i mean once your kid can get up and walk away from your breast its time to take the nipple out.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I plan on nursing till she decides shes done. She's 16 mo. already, and I don't see an end in sight. Boobies are for babies anyways
    Anonymous

• I did breastfeed one of my four children until 2 years old but, only first thing in the morning and the last thing before bed. I felt a little weird about it. My others stopped breast feeding at 6 months - 12 months. She was the last! We didn't want it to end! So shoot me!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Some people feel very strongly about self-weaning and don't feel it is right to wean a child before they are ready. It doesn't bother me. I feel that mothers know what is best for their child and if they want to BF their child till they're 5, that's their business. Who are we to judge what they feel is right? I don't agree with formula-feeding mothers(unless medically necessary) but I would never post something saying that I think it's gross or wrong.
    autumns_mommy07

Answer by autumns_mommy07 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i think over a year is a little extream to be bf they get what they need by the time there one! people over do it!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008