Did you get a personalized baby blanket from the hospital after your baby was born?

At the hospital I had my son, it's customary for them to give a personalized baby blanket embroidered with the baby's name on it. Took about 6-8 weeks for me to get it. I'd eventually like to get it put into a shadow box along with the hat he wore and a couple other items.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My hospital does not do baby blankets.  Our hospital  gives out knit/crochet caps -- their ladies auxiliary makes them in blue/white or pink/white for all the newborn babies, and the babies can keep them.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Nope, not for healthy babies......the babies that are in the NICU get crochet baby blankets. All the babies get a crochet hat though, any one can make them and donate them to the hospital.......I've made about 50 of them and donated them :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 1:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no I never heard of that! I wish I had!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That sounds cute. Our hospital didn't do that. But a friend of my mom's gave us one before Kyra was born. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My son got a hat and a blanket that were knitted by volunteers. He was in the NICU, and they always do that for their "special" babies. I've got them saved for him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no but i wish i did
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 1:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• nope not from our hospital but i kept his little outfit in his baby book they gave him
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, in fact I had to go back to the hospital three times to get a new birth certificate with our oldest because they couldn't get her name right. The certificate was all we got from the hospital.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• never heard ot it....how nice ! that's really special !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• no i wish we did that would of been way cool
    young_teen_momm

Answer by young_teen_momm at 3:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2010